Let's face it-- as great a technology can be to assist with delivering training, it can be disastrous when the tech doesn't work. Picture this: Your employer is sending you to a conference in another state. You’re scheduled to attend several important training sessions. You're eager and ready to learn, planning to take notes and report back to your teammates when you return to work in a few days. It’s your first session, and you make it to the conference room, find your seat, and it's time to start! The speaker makes their way to the podium, begins their introduction, turns on the projector, and…. Well, they’re trying again to turn on the projector, and…. They cannot get the projector on, but they’re calling for reinforcements. Meanwhile, you're tuning out. Half the room is checking e-mail, the other half is on Facebook. By the time the session starts, it's too late. The presenter has already lost the audience, and it's going to be an up...
First, let me start this post with a moment of honesty. I did not want to start a Twitter account. In fact, I've felt a sense of pride for avoiding one all these years. I have my Facebook and Instagram, but I've always considered Twitter to be the preferred social media platform of celebrities and teenagers. But, hold your breath for this announcement…. I was wrong. In fact, I was dead wrong. I've only been on Twitter for a short time, but I can already see that I vastly underestimated it's value. In fact, I believe Twitter may be the ultimate PLN , and here's why: It's more than just Twitter. Twitter does limit posts to 140 characters, which can be a challenge. But, of course, you can link to websites, blogs, or other media, which essentially makes your posting ability limitless. Within Twitter, you can actually easily search for and access several different aspects of your PLN. Hashtags- the ultimate searching and categorizing tool. S...
PowerPoint is a staple of training and business presentations in today's world. However, PowerPoint should be an engaging, dynamic addition to your presentation, not just slides to read verbatim. How do your presentations measure up? Consider the following: Limit the amount of text. More images, less text is the way to go! Words and pictures used should be engaging. PowerPoint should supplement or accent the presentation. It should not dominate it. Limit reading off slides. DO NOT READ WORD FOR WORD. Interested in learning more tips to improve your PowerPoint? Check out this video!
Kayla, I would have loved to watch your video, but it wouldn't work. Did you make it private by mistake?
ReplyDelete